Monday, June 28, 2010

Ways to handle boredom at home


Come weekend, we usually try and do something for the boys...those who know me well, know that every Monday I answer the question "So, what did you do over the weekend?" with "We took the boys to the park!"....

We like taking them to the park or to playgrounds because they can play as much as they want to, they use their imagination while playing the sand and it gives them (and not to mention us) the necessary exercise.

This weekend, we did briefly consider taking them out to Lal Bhag, but for once, I felt lazy. Too lazy to move my butt out into the car.....to add to my laziness was the fact that it was going to rain for sure.....so we told the boys that we'd go some other weekend.

Sure enough, it DID rain but not very heavily and next, I find Lindo telling me that its a beautiful weather for going out. And we did something....I shooed the men upstairs to the terrace and went ahead and prepared a small picnic....nothing much, a few cheese sandwiches, crackers, milk and Nesquik, a mat and a blanket...put it all into a picnic basket (which I had been dying to use) and went to the terrace.....

We had a nice little "Picnic" in the shade....after filling our tummies, we lay down on the blanket, till new rain clouds rolled in and droplets started falling again.

It wasn't much, but the boys were happy (they actually drank half a litre milk between the two of them) and we all had, however short, a nice time....

No comments:

Post a Comment