Sunday, May 16, 2010

A few promotions...


I love having hobbies. I've always had one or the other, be in reading or jigsaw puzzles...I generally keep myself busy.
Of late, I have taken to paper craft.
I am not particularly good at it, considering that I can't draw and depend on anything I can copy or print. My dream is that one day I can decide that I have worked enough and that it is time to relax and do the things I like. I could maybe start a small business of handmade cards or other paper items.....it's a dream....but I hope it becomes true some day.


I have a special respect for people who make time in their day to day life to work on their hobbies. People who are so dedicated to doing something outside their routine work because they have a passion for it. And I sincerely hope and pray that they will make it big in those areas and show other people that it pays to follow your dreams.

Today I want to mention a few of these people I know, who have followed their passions. They deserve a special pat on their back for taking their dream a step ahead.....or even several steps, for that matter.

Vishak Panicker is an old classmate of mine who has recently released his first music album "Loveletter"...check www.loveletteralbum.com for more info. I remember Vishak singing during our college functions....a music enthusiast. Here's the link to one of his songs....

Another person I'd like to mention is Vipin V. He's my colleague and I was recently surprised when I got to know that he and a few other colleagues made a movie.....They actually made time in their busy schedules and did this! I hope that they have more ideas like this and come out successful in life....doing the things they love.
A few parts of the movie can be seen on Youtube. Click here

Chetan J deserves a mention. This friend of mine, who is also a colleague, is a budding photographer. He spends most of his free time out in the sun (as is the case in Bangalore these days) taking photos and coming up with wonderful results. He keeps on studying new techniques and hones his skills. His photographs have gotten selected for exhibitions as well.

Some may wonder what my motive is behind writing about them...(not that many are reading this blog). My only motive is to spread the word a bit on these people and do what is in my power to help them....At the moment, there is not much I can do....but I hope that I am of some help to them and that this will motivate them to carry on....

1 comment: