Monday, May 3, 2010

And the first place……does not go to me

The second place in my family for a lot of things comes easily to me. Allow me to elaborate…

I was born the second child to my parents;
the second one to play with most of my toys;
the second one to leave home for higher studies;
the second one to have an email ID (you see how this goes?)

But then, I have not always been second in life….

I was the first at home to flunk a university exam (I passed the paper the next year though);
the first one to be employed;
the first among my siblings to get married;
the first one to have a first child;
the first (and still the only one) to have a second child too.

Back to being second…. I am also the second one to start a blog.

Believe it or not, I have been toying with the idea of starting a blog for the past 2-3 years. In my mind, I have been writing amazingly funny stories and interesting narrations which never managed to be typed out. Of course, none of my reasons for not starting a blog were about being lazy….the time had just not come. Now, the time has arrived. And what prompted me? My sibling Jennysdad (the one who beats me to nearly everything) and who usually does not have the kind of patience for this, started a blog!

I am starting this blog now, just in case my younger sibling decides to start one before me. You see, I am used to being second….not third.

So here's to starting a journal online…and for the patience to keep on writing…and many nice things to write about…..Welcome to my world!

2 comments: