Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A weekend of sorts...

This weekend was a very different one...

It all started with Jenysdad going out of town on a business trip....so what does a dutiful sister do? She volunteers to stay with Jenny and her mom. In the beginning the thought was very exciting, after all....that was where i lived before marriage...you know - those carefree days. But when "the day" actually came, i faced it with slight hesitation, mainly because this was my first night away from the boys.

For the first time in what seems like ages, i felt like i was reliving my memories. I got up early in the morning and was out of the house at 6:30 am, just the way I used to 5 years back. I started walking, got a rick and instead of going to work (it was Friday), I went home and was there to wake up my boys and wish them a nice day. Back to Jenny's in the evening, we went out window-shopping, ordered take-away and just had a nice time chatting with my sister-in-law. Speaking for myself, i enjoyed that a lot since it was the first time we spe
nt so much time together.

My boys called me nearly 6-7 times in the evening. To wish me good night, to wish me good night again, to say God bless you, to say come soon.....a clear case of absence makes the heart grow fonder.

In the morning, post-breakfast we packed up and went home.....so the weekend was with a house full of children ranging from crawling baby to "almost teenager". The boys went out of their way to impress their little sister.....it showed a lot about them.


Tim was the more caring brother. He kept on coming to Jenny, hugging her and planting a kiss on her cheek. Everytime she'd coo at him, he'd smile and say "I think Jenny likes me!".
Nathan on the other hand, wanted to involve her in everything.....my ears are still ringing from his continuous "Jenny-Jenny-Jenny" calls trying to get her come and see what he's 'reading'. When the boys found a bug inside the house and were busy staring at it, Nathan actually moved and made space and told Jenny "Come. Look".....yeah, he needs to know that girls keep away from bugs. Everytime she'd cry, he would come running and ask "Happened?" (translates to 'what happened').

But what felt nice was that the boys were actually sharing their toys with her. No fuss about her taking what they were playing with, the moment we say "Get Jenny a toy", they'd literally be inside the toy box looking for age appropriate toys, and Jenny even liked playing with trucks!

It felt nice having a little girl at home. The sound of her anklets, the laughs....it felt nice. All good things will come to an end and so did the weekend. Jenny is back at her place. I'd do it again, if there was an option to... For now everything is back to how it should be....just me and my three men.

1 comment:

  1. Ya chechi its so nice to be with u ,its so happy for her also thats why she didnt sleep at day time.Thanks for all...me too enjoyed a lot.....nice talkings and alll

    ReplyDelete